Friday, January 27, 2012

Simple Pleasures

 T.G.I.F.
  




  

Its the simple things that make us happy.  Like finding the perfect pair of running shorts!  I think Ive found them.  I have been wearing a pair of Brooks running shorts.  Very lightweight , quick drying material with a built in liner.  But, I find that they twist and creep up while Im running such that Im constantly tugging at the legs.   To stop that, I wanted a pair of compression shorts, but didnt want super short shorts.  I find it kind of creepy to see women in their 50s in very short running shorts, even if theyve got great legs.  I looked everywhere and they all had 5 or shorter inseams.  Too short.  Finally, I found the perfect shorts by Moving Comfort  http://www.movingcomfort.com  7.5" inseam, compression shorts.  These babies are perfect!  They are low rise and dont bind at the waist, have a nice cotton liner and are just the right length.  Wow baby, I am ecstatic!

OK, so I can ride 200 miles.  Can I run a marathon?


This mornings run was more interval work.  Today I ran at a faster pace (6 to 6.7 mph) for 1min, followed by 3 min (the 1st min at 5mph, 2nd at 5.1 mph and the 3rd at 5.2 mph) then walked a minute.  Did this for an hour and it feels really good.  trying not to care about distance, only time.  This week my LSR (long slow run) is only 2.5 miles.  Guess will do that on Sunday.  Having a training plan and a real goal has been great.  After 4 weeks, I am still into it and cannot wait to do more.   



  




  



No comments:

Post a Comment