Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday, Monday

Yowza!!!  The 4:30 AM alarm was a shocker this morning.   Having a pre planned workout really helps lift me out of bed.  I was working on all the reasons not to get up when it dawned on me that I would have to rework this week’s whole training plan if I skipped today.  That was enough to kick me in gear.   Having pets also helps.  As I was about to close the bathroom door, Eddie and Ozzie, the two youngest male cats in the house, wandered in looking for a pat and a bite of breakfast.  They are such good company in the early morning, purring and softly talking to me.  I’m sure they wonder why the crazy lady gets up so early and leaves in shorts.  
 
The treadmill is still my running buddy.  5AM is still very dark here and the roads are slick in spots. At this age, I don’t want to risk a fall that I could have prevented.  I like the treadmill for intervals anyway.  The quick keys make it very easy to change pace.   The gym is still full of resolutionaries, at least on Monday mornings.   I’ve noticed they drop off during the week.   All of the treadmills and elliptical machines were buzzing by 5:10am. I ran for 75 minutes this morning and feel great now.  
During my run, I worked on the things that I learned in the Good Form Running clinic.  Posture, cadence, lean and midfoot strike.  I think the hardest thing for me is posture, keeping my hips forward – not sticking my butt out.  I can tell when my posture is right, things feel very good but it is easy to slip into bad form.  
 
Registration for the Chicago Marathon is now less than 48 hours away.   I will register and I will do it!
Why not?   Me and 45,000 of my closest friends.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment