Saturday, February 25, 2012

Obstacles

Made it out for a good 6.5 mile run yesterday and had the next week all planned out when ....obstacle! My Aunt Marie in Fairhope, AL is in the hospital and I am unexpectedly going there tomorrow. She is a fabulous woman but she's now 90 years old and has no one nearby. My Uncle died a number of years ago and they did not have children. My Aunt Irma called last night pretty upset about her sister's situation. I didn't commit to going last night but I spoke to Aunt Marie this morning and realized how frail she is. Anyway, my running schedule is all in flux now. Trying to have a zen attitude about this and just go with it. At least it will be warmer down there and there are hills to try.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you are doing the right thing. Family is so very important, and your aunt needs to have family with her just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good person, Kris.

    ReplyDelete