Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Going to the Dogs and the Cats

Happy Valentine’s Day. Get out there and make your heart pump with a run! It seems that every new research study supports exercise and particularly running. I’ve yet to see a study that says don’t do it. http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-fitness-mind-20120213,0,7344477.story

Last week’s bad behavior has had its consequences. For one, getting up at 4:30 AM seems like a chore again. I know this will soon pass but at the moment it is a real pain in the butt. Going to bed at 11 PM and getting up at 7 AM or 8 AM seems so much more civilized. But that schedule doesn’t allow for a decent workout at any time. Back to bed at 9 PM with a 4:30 AM wake up call. Secondly, my diet of finger food and alcohol at various receptions made me sluggish and weird. Getting back to salads, greek yogurt, almonds and other good foods makes a big difference in my energy level and in dealing with stress. Third, and this one is obvious, my lack of running last week has set me back (just a little) in my training schedule, create additional stress that I don’t need and made me difficult to be around. Getting in a 5.5 mile run this morning has made me happier today and I see the world from a different perspective. It is good to be back into my routine.

I just signed up to run the Chicago marathon for PAWS Chicago. PAWS is a huge, city of Chicago, no kill shelter. Just running for myself seemed somewhat selfish, but running for a charity makes this all the better. Within a few days I will post a link to my donation page and more about PAWS Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment