Friday, February 3, 2012

8 Miles and a Pedicure

This morning was my long slow run for the week. The plan was for a 7.5 mile run and I finished it in 98 minutes (13:07 pace) I think that is just about right as I can’t imagine doing the full marathon faster than an 11:00 min pace. As I’m using the Jeff Galloway walk run method and plan (with very slight modifications), I ran for 4 minutes and walked 1 min for the full time. When I was finished, I still felt great and ran .6 miles further. I so wanted to go further but know that injuries are going to crop up if I push it. So for me, this morning was a success!

Then it got better. I had previously scheduled a pedicure appointment for this morning. Right after my run, I went to the Edward Health Club at 7 Bridges spa and Ethel pampered my feet. I learned that until the marathon, I will schedule all future pedicures to follow the long run. Wow, did that feel good. The massage, the exfoliation and the hot towels felt better than they ever did. I left with shiny Wacca Wacca (OPI color) toes and a spring in my step. If you men out there are not getting pedicures and you run, you’re making a big mistake – paint your toes bright green and set a trend.



No comments:

Post a Comment