Tuesday, December 11, 2012

So Many Possibilities

How do you decide which races to run? Living in a big city area, I have so many choices and not enough time, talent or money to enter all of them. As a result, I find that I sometimes I enter races that I don't run and sometimes wish I was in a race that I didn't enter. Neither of those scenarios makes me happy.

Next week I am signed up for the Naperville Running Company's three mile bad Christmas sweater pub run. I'm going to have to dig through my closet to find an old Christmas sweater. It seems like they're back in vogue. I wish I hadn't trashed most of them!

I'm currently on my way to an overnight in Atlanta and pondering next year's races. Will I be up to a half marathon or two or even a full marathon? I definitely want to accomplish both before this old body of mine says stop but not sure what I should strive for in 2013. A half marathon definitely, a whole marathon...maybe. Which half marathon should I start with? When should do it? These are the questions circling in my head. I don't want to answer them too quickly as the contemplation is half the fun

I am so glad to have spent the week after Thanksgiving in Oregon. It was a nice break from work and the hiking was great. I did not run that week but maintained my fitness with all the hiking. Another question to answer , should we buy property in Oregon? And if so, where and when? Way too many questions, perhaps I will go for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment