Sunday, July 1, 2012

Walking Counts Too

Day 2 of the Runners World come back program is a 30 to 60 min walk. Walking seems like such a let down after a little running but I am not going to push this. My nature is to go full steam ahead and ignore the signs that I am over doing it. Not this time. The 3 months off has been too difficult. So walk it was.

To give the walk a purpose, I headed out to the local Walgreen's to return a movie at the Redbox. It was very humid and close to 90 degrees. That 3.5 mile walk felt like a 5 mile run. I was totally drenched when I walked back in the house. I'm looking forward to a little more running tomorrow on the treadmill. I read somewhere ( probably Runners World) that people coming off stress fractures should run for about 6 weeks on a treadmill before heading outside. Makes sense to me and frankly until the weather cools off, I'm ok with going to the gym and using the treadmill. After running, I can get a few pool laps in

As an aside, if you've never used Redbox, what a great concept. $1 per movie if you return them overnight. I watched J Edgar with Leonardo Dicaprio. The bad makeup job in aging the characters was very distracting but a good movie nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment