Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot

The come back is going really well (fingers crossed.)  It seems mighty slow, so little actual running but nothing hurts and I can see that the slow progression is the right thing to do.  The 15 seconds running intervals I'm doing at about a 9:40 pace, not too fast, not too slow (remember my age here.)  For those 15 minutes, I feel absolute joy!

The Midwest is unbearably hot at the moment.  Chicagoland is looking at three days in a row with 100+ temperatures.  This was taken at 2:00 PM in the shade...
Way too hot to run outside.  So I did my 25 minutes of 15 sec run/45 sec walk intervals on the treadmill at the gym.  It felt great and nothing hurts at the moment.  Part of my return is to be much more diligent about weight training.  I pretty much had forsaken weight training for running - probably part of the reason I got injured.  This time out, weight training at least 3 times a week.  This afternoon I did 25 minutes of weight training following my run.

I had a funny experience at the gym today.  I'm such a creature of habit. I like to use a particular treadmill at the gym because it handles intervals very well.  The path I take to the treadmill is the short route.  Today, there was a woman coming through from the other direction (there's only room for one) and it really threw me.  The irony of the situation did not escape me.  I'm at the gym to get exercise but I take the short cut to the treadmill!  I do park at the opposite end of the parking lot, even today in the oppressive heat.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment