Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thoughts Rolling Around In My Head

This Saturday, April 18th is Kristin’s Big Adventure.  It will be my first real trail run ever and my first half marathon distance (or more) of 2015.  The Earth Day 15 Miler in Crystal Lake, IL.  There will also be a 50K and a 5 miler as part of the same event.   As I write this, it is the Thursday afternoon before the run and I’m kind of obsessed with what’s coming up.  Here’s what I’ve been thinking about:

1    Why did I sign up for a race that’s on a trail I’ve never even seen before?

Why did I sign up for something that’s over an hour’s drive from home that no one else that I know is signed up for?

What does one wear for a trail race?

Will it be muddy?

Will I be the last one in?  Do I care if I’m the last one in?

Will I get lost?

Today the organizers posted what to do when we see certain flags on the trails – will I remember?

Shorts or capris? 

75 degrees!  How can it be that hot in mid April?  It was only supposed to be 62 degrees as of yesterday.

What if I fall? 

What if I get hurt?

Will the fast people be irritated by someone slow like me on the trail? 

Remember to move to the right

Will I know anyone at all? 

Maybe I will be really good at this and win an age group award?  


So seriously, I’m not getting much done and I’m really excited.   I promise to post a race report early next week.  I wasn’t so good at posting them after my last two runs.  Wish me luck!  Please, I’m going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment