Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My 2015 Race Schedule

As 2015 started and I began seriously thinking about my upcoming 50 mile ultra, I decided I would pay attention to my race schedule.  I was going to make sure that my official races matched up to my training needs and I wasn’t going to sign up for races just because my friends were signing up.   Looking at my calendar, I think I’ve only been marginally successful. 



Here are my scheduled races for 2015:

March 28th                           Shake It Off 5K      

April 4th                               Chicago Quarter Marathon   
April 18th                             MUDD 15 Mile Trail Run    
April 25th                             Slyfox Half Marathon        
May 31st                               Rockford Half Marathon   
June 5th                                 Heartland Series Marathon 
July 11th                                Xtreme 10 (10 miler) 
September 12th                     Hennepin 50 Miler  
October  11th                        Chicago Marathon (hopefully)

After the 50 Miler, I’m hoping to run the Chicago Marathon with a group of running club friends on behalf of Team Fox to support the Michael J. Fox Foundation and their Parkinson’s research.  I also might not run the Rockford Half and run the Lurie Children’s 5K with the Ullman Foundation’s Cancer to 5K group.   I probably will add a few local 5Ks that are just fun, like the Parkie’s 5K in August.  Heck, I came in 2nd in my age group last year, I might want to try to repeat that.

A year ago, this schedule with two marathons and a 50 miler would have seemed very daunting.  Now, it seems very doable with the right mindset.   Guess I’m really a runner.  I will never be fast;  but, what I lack in speed I can make up for in endurance.  I'm looking forward to lots of long runs with friends on my journey.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Kristin. I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. titanium ore terraria - Titanium Art
    titanium ore terraria. Invented by TITAN HEXI titanium gravel bike and the team at TOTO titanium dioxide formula Studio on the Japanese island titanium nitride coating service near me of Oahu. titanium trimmer as seen on tv TOTO Studio, titanium rings for women Inc. in Hawaii,

    ReplyDelete