Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Still Chugging

I'm now in week 9 of my comeback program and progressing steadily without pain. It is almost too good to be true. I am totally shocked at how fast I'm recovering after runs, shocked that I often run two days back to back, shocked that running on the road doesn't hurt and just, well... Shocked

I'm now up to running 3 repeats of 8 min running with one min of walking and 6 additional minutes of running. I'm suppose to keep the pace around 11:45 but find that I'm a bit faster. So far, I've been able to complete all the prescribed runs and feel good afterwards.

Two weeks ago I came in second in my age group in a local 5K. It wasn't a competitive field but it still felt great to be called to the front to get my medal. As a completely unathletic kid, it made my day. Running another 5K this coming weekend at Cantigny and excited to be able to do so. No matter where I finish.

I'm just so grateful to be back on the road. What is it about running that makes it so irresistible? It hurts, it is hard and yet, it pulls me like no other sport

No comments:

Post a Comment